Wage subsidy available for tourism employers
Sunday, February 13 2022
In partnership with the Saskatchewan Ministry of Immigration and Career Training, Tourism Saskatchewan is offering a unique, one-time program that provides a tiered wage subsidy to support employers as the province continues to re-open.
Opportunities are available to fund up to 40 workers throughout the province interested in working within the five industries of the tourism sector where there continues to be high demand for skilled employees.
This program supports employers to:
- hire new employees;
- increase the number of hours current staff are working; or
- re-hire employees who may have been laid off because of business challenges associated with the pandemic.
This program may be of interest to employers in the following industries:
- accommodation (including hotels, resorts)
- food and beverage services (including restaurants, full-service hotels, resorts)
- recreation and entertainment (including event venues, recreation departments, event planners)
- travel services
Employers engaged in the program must be willing to provide employment for at least 35 hours per week on an ongoing basis for individuals who are currently working less than 20 hours per week or are currently not employed. A wage subsidy will be provided on a decreasing scale over a 16 week period for employers accepted into the project.
Training and support materials are available for both employers and employees hired as part of this program. These supports may include coaching and online training materials.